Friday, November 7, 2014

Lay it on thick

amp up the hydration
I don't know about you, but the minute the weather got cold, my skin drastically changed. I became instantly dry, red, flakey and sometimes itchy- not a glamorous combo. I've pretty much changed my entire skincare routine to incorporate more moisture (more on that later) and I've found a hydrating face mask is an extra boost of much-needed moisture to sooth and moisturize my skin. I've personally used all of the above masks, with the exception of the H2O+ mask (I used to work for them, like a million years ago, and their products are wonderful and I'm sure this is no different).  

1. GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment is a cream-gel consistency and stays on the skin for 15-20 minutes. There's a slight cooling sensation and it leaves the skin plump and malleable. I pretty much love everything this company comes out with.


2. Sephora Collection Rose Face Mask is a gauze-like sheet mask that drapes over your face for 10+ minutes. One of the best parts of this mask is that there's no rinsing required when the mask is done- just rub in any extra serum and your skin will be super soft.


3. ~H2O+ Aqualibrium Hydrating Marine Moisture Mask uses a blend of marine botanicals to moisturize the skin, but the fact that it's oil-free will appeal to even acne skin folks who are experiencing surface dehydration but don't want to risk a breakout.


4. Fresh Rose Face Mask leaves your skin glowing, dewey and chunky. Wait, what? Ok, the mask is chunky, not your actual face. Fresh uses real rose hips and petals that are suspended in a gel, so when you apply it to your face, it's like your smearing a crushed rose all over it. It's pretty amazing.


5. Korres Nectarine Velvet Moisturizing Mask really lives up to its name. My skin actually did feel velvety soft after applying this! It's a cream mask that you slather on a thick application, and 15 minutes later most of the mask had absorbed into my skin (always a good sign).


What about your skin, does it change with the seasons? Any hydrating masks you've used and loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment