|Jessica Lange for Marc Jacobs Beauty|
|Yes that's shimmer (SHIMMER!!) on her lids and she's over 60. Gasp!|
- A colorful lipstick will brighten your face and make you feel polished, even if you have no other makeup on.
- Hair dye was invented for a reason- grey hair definitely ages you. As my Mom always said, she'll keep dying her hair until my Dad's hair goes white too. Sometimes you have to level the playing field.
- I'll never forget the laugh I shared with a client when she called the skin between her breasts the "Grand Canyon"... in fact, this still makes me laugh. A sense of humor is invaluable.
- If your eyelids are droopy, don't worry about eye makeup and wear a bold lip instead. If your lips are thinning, wear a bright blush on the cheeks. There are still ways to enhance your features and to brighten your skin, even if it is dry and gravity has taken its toll.
- I have a client whom I love helping. She's a white-haired beautiful woman and is the epitome of grace and sophistication. Her clothes and makeup are impeccably tailored and applied, and even though she uses a cane, she walks with elegance. She also wears the most incredible jewelry, and when I once complimented her on it she said, "they're all from my husband, and it took years to get." Now that's something to look forward to!
- Movement in your face is a wonderful thing- I once worked with an older woman at a spa and she told me she liked me because I smiled with my eyes. Happy, friendly people smile with their whole face- and it should show. So when I see the "crows feet" appearing I just think about who or what made me smile that day and then I end up smiling again...
While I'll still feature the newest anti-aging ingredients or things to keep you looking and feeling younger, I just want to age as healthily as I can. I want my body to be strong, my mind to be quick, to feel love and joy every day and to stay relevant and "with it" in regards to the ever-changing society/economy/technology that we're all apart of. And if I happen to use something to lengthen my lashes or to help dark spots disappear, then it just gets better and better ;)