Wednesday, September 3, 2014

faux real tan

source
I don't know about you, but I hate letting go of summer. Maybe it's because I have a summer birthday. Maybe it's because I cannot seem to stay warm in the winter. Maybe it's because I love the beach and swimming. And maybe it's because I hate to let go of my tan- even if it's a fake tan (which it almost always is).

Well if you're like me and want to extend your summer glow into Halloween, than here are a couple of products that will help you look sun-kissed and breakout free, while avoiding the dreaded oompa-loompa face:


1. The Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster is practically pure Dihydoxyacetone, aka DHA, which is the ingredient that tans your skin and is in every sunless tanner. The joy of having a practically pure form of DHA is this: you can buffer it with whatever you want, so it's customizable. Basically, just use your regular moisturizer, add 3-4 drops of the Booster and mix- then spread on your face, neck, etc. This is wonderful if you're already using a specific moisturizer and don't want to switch to something else just to sunless tan.

2. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads come in a box with individual towelette packets that are soaked with an encapsulated DHA, so it's time released and therefore looks more natural. What really sets these pads apart from so many other facial sunless tanners is that they contain Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids, so you're exfoliating and brightening your skin while you sunless tan. Genius!


I have personally used both of these tanners and can vouch for their amazingness. Just make sure you spread these babies into your hairline, down your jawline, into your chest, around your neck and up by your ears- no lines of demarkation here! I use this body lotion year-round to keep my limbs from looking pasty, and then my face and body match all the time. It's faux-tan magic!

I also think it's best to sunless tan at night, that way it doesn't effect your makeup during the day. Any sunless tanners you're crazy about?

No comments:

Post a Comment