Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Beauty Fixation: August


I don't know anyone who doesn't want shinier, healthier hair, and since I've been using the Living Proof Satin Hair Serum I feel that I'm on my way to great hair. First of all, it's a silicone and oil free formula which is amazing because it feels silky, almost like an oil, but it isn't. The good thing about it being silicone and oil free is it won't clog your hair follicles and weigh down your hair, causing buildup (silicone is particularly known for doing this, that's why so many people need to "decongest" their hair with clarifying shampoos and such. Bad news!). 

Since my hair is fine, I only need a drop (and I mean a drop) when my hair is dry, right before I flat iron or curl it. It also helps with frizz, acts as a heat protectant, and of course, adds mega shine. There's lots of ways to use it though. I know someone with super thick, course hair who uses 10+ pumps in wet hair, blow drys it, flat irons it and then puts a little more in when it's dry, for extra shine and frizz fighting. Her hair looks glossy, voluminous and healthy. On days when I don't wash my hair and use dry shampoo, I rub a small drop in my hands and smooth over my hair (dry shampoo can make my hair look a little matte). 

It's great that you can customize the usage of this product based on your hair and personal needs. Have you ever used any Living Proof products before? Any shine serums you're crazy about?



p.s. Living Proof doesn't know me, I'm just a passionate user of their products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment