Friday, July 11, 2014

sunscreen for hair

via
Did you ever use Sun-in? When I was a teenager I was obsessed with this (I've never met a blonde who didn't want to be blonder). My mom wouldn't let me dye my hair until I was older, so I looked for alternatives to lighten my hair (even though it came out uneven and fried my hair).

Now that I dye my hair (with real dye, not sun-in) I want that color to last as long as possible. Unfortunately, if you're not a bleach blonde, you probably won't enjoy the fact that the sun is bleaching out that expensive dye job.

If you don't want your expensive dye job to literally fade in the sun than you should consider a styling product that has a UV filter included to protect that color, keep your hair shiny and frizz free!

top row, left to right: Alterna Bamboo // Rene Furterer // Paul Mitchell // Living Proof
bottom row, left to right: Phyto // L'oreal // Bumble and Bumble // Aveda

I have personally used a few of these products, and they usually have more than one benefit- they're either a heat protectant or will help with shine and frizz. All bonuses in my book! Also, the sprays make it easy to spritz on your hair, and shouldn't weigh it down.

Have you ever used a spray that has a UV protectant in it? Did you feel like it helped protect your hair color?

No comments:

Post a Comment