Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gift giving: foodie packaging

IKEA
Now that we've covered some Holiday baking, if you're like me, you may like to give some of it away as gifts. After all, you purchased the ingredients and took the time to make something personal and delicious- what better way to show someone you care than with a box of homemade pralines, a jar of salted caramel sauce or a cellophane-d bag of cookies?

There are so many gift packaging options specifically for treats. I was so impressed with the selection in the stores that I couldn't help but take a couple of pictures:
Michael's
Target
I put these cookies in this cute "Santa snacks" zip top bag that had a little topper included. I just stapled the topper to the closed bag of goodies and now it's a fun lunch box treat or gift! I got this bag in the dollar section of Target (gotta love that area!).


I put the Raspberry Rugelach in this festive little bag- it holds about 5 cookies and I also got this from Target. 


A cellophane bag with a pretty tie and tag make it easy to stack and layer desserts. 

Here's a few places to print some free Holiday gift tags to attach to your goodies: here, here and here


Are you making any edible gifts this year? If so, what's your specialty?



No comments:

Post a Comment