When the moon rises, it's time to hit the sink and start the night time ritual of removing the day's face. When you're body is at rest, products have a chance to absorb and sink deeper into the skin, so this is the time to really pack on the products. If you're afraid of layering during the day, because you also wear makeup, save the treatments for the evening. They'll be more effective anyway.
1. When I'm wearing anything waterproof (like liner or mascara), the Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover is one of the best at taking everything off. I usually soften my lashes with a bit of warm water, then pour the remover onto a cotton round and hold it on my lashes for a minute. Then I gently wipe the makeup off, without rubbing, to prevent eyelashes from falling out.
2. Ole Henriksen Nurture Me Makeup Removing Wipes are made of a soft cotton, so they're gentle on my face but also take every ounce of makeup off. Most days I just use these wipes and then follow with a cleanser.
3. Caudalie Instant Foaming Mousse Cleanser is something I could literally inhale because I love the clean cucumber scent! It's also a wonderfully pH balanced cleanser, so no toner is necessary.
4a. Dermadoctor Poetry in Lotion is a 1% retinol treatment that I only use 3x a week, so that's why I have the other serums for my "off" nights. When I use the retinol, I skip the moisturizer and eye cream and just use a bit of oil (7.) to keep my skin from drying out.
4b. Dr. Brandt Laser Perfect Serum has a lovely feel and sinks in quickly. It's jam-packed with antioxidants to keep my skin supple and healthy.
4c. When my skin gets a bit dull, Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester 15 ampoules do just the trick. Vitamin C Ester is patented by Dr. Perricone and is one of the most stable and effective Vitamin C's available. Any dark spots fade and there's an overall radiance to my skin that I'm crazy about.
5. The triple peptide formulation in Dr. Brandt Do Not Age Eye cream gives my eye area the firming and hydration that it needs after a long day of smiling.
6. Who knew I would like Greek yogurt so much that I'd put it on my face? The Greek folks at Korres did, that's who. Their Korres Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial contains Greek yogurt, which is a superior hydrator for the skin, and keeps my face feeling plump and soft.
7. Caudalie Premier Cru Elixir is an anti-aging oil that I use over my moisturizer for extra hydration. I've also used this oil before and really liked it, but the Elixir oil is full of anti-inflammatory prickly pear, which makes it a superb anti-aging. Plus, it smells of soft, springtime roses that just make you feel blissful.
8. Whenever I have a doosey of a pimple coming (or has arrived) I just dip a Q-tip into this little jar of pink bliss: Kate Somerville EradiKate. Although the sulfur smell is not my favorite, the results are worth it and my blemishes are leveled flat in no time.
So, what's your evening routine like? Do you have different products for day time vs. night time?