Monday, January 27, 2014

Kitchen Fixation: January

Parchment paper sheets
* I don't know about you, but the Silpat craze never hit me. I know it's waaaay more "green" but in my mind it's just another thing to clean, that's why I love the convenience of parchment paper. And even though it's paper, it can be recycled and reused many times making it economical and green enough for me.

What I don't understand is why stores sell parchment rolls that are too wide for sheet pans that home cooks use. It's really annoying having the paper roll up over your cookie dough, or when you have to trim the excess on the sides so that when you're pulling the pan out you're not pulling the parchment with it.
Now this is what I'm talkin' about
That is why I'm all about these pre-cut parchment paper sheets that fit a standard 12x16" sheet pan. There's nothing to unroll and no cutting necessary. These babies fit a sheet pan to perfection! The paper itself is decent quality, and the best part? They arrive flat, so they stay flat (as long as you store them that way). The price is good, compared to grocery store competitors, but the shipping is a little steep- so I just ordered a couple to hold me over for a while.

If you're an avid baker than you should consider going this route and save yourself some parchment frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment