Monday, November 5, 2012

Bridal Shower

My sister-in-law is getting married soon so I threw her bridal shower at my house. The bride's wedding colors are red and light blue so I tried to incorporate that into the aesthetics and decor. There were about 20 guests who munched on all sorts of mini foods.

I'll admit the menu was a little ambitious, but I made sure they were all recipes that I could prep ahead of time, and could sit at room temp for a while. I made goat cheese tartlets, mini caprese bites on a stick, orzo pasta with roasted vegetables in wonton cups, cucumber sandwiches and veggie sticks with ranch dip.
A birds-eye view of the veggie sticks. My cousin made the radish roses- so cute! I didn't get a good picture of the containers they're in but I got the idea from Pinterest (where else?) to cut up paper plates, fold them into squares and put decorative washi tape around them to hold them in place. The washi tape was blue, keeping in the theme. Here is the tutorial.


 The drinks were either water with lemon or a cranberry/apple/ginger ale punch concoction. 
Here's the dessert bar, which consisted of brownie cookies with salted caramel buttercream and fruit skewers with a fruit dip.
 I am just crazy about how these paper rosettes! My cousin and I followed this tutorial and my sister and I made the 'Congratulations' banner. It may be hard to see in the picture but the letters are glitter alphabet stickers that give just the right amount of sparkle.

 Another thing I forgot to take pictures of (sorry, but I was also the hostess, so I was a little busy) was the scrapbook activity. In the invitations, I added an insert that asked everyone to bring along a photo of either themselves, or themselves with the bride and I would provide all the scrap-booking supplies. I got some great deals from Michael's on all the supplies, because normally I don't scrapbook, so I don't just have these things laying around my house. Everyone at the party was great at working on their page and customizing them for the bride. 
Here are the cupcake favors- my mom's prize-winning German Chocolate cake. How could I not make a cake?

I had so much help in putting this shower together- it wouldn't have been this cute without the help of my sisters, cousin, mother-in-law, even some of the guests helped me assemble food- thank you! Overall the shower was a success- guests seemed to enjoy themselves and the bride received lots of gifts and a scrapbook. A win-win!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Yet again, you inspire me to do better when I give a party. Everything looks so good and beautifully arranged. I love the little boxes for the cupcake favor.

    ReplyDelete