Monday, June 15, 2015

Sunscreen: The Dailies

Here in the Boston area, it felt like we skipped spring and jumped straight into summer with 80 degree + days. I'm not complaining though. After record breaking snow falls (boo!!) I'm just so happy that the sun is shining and I'm not sinking into a 7 foot snow drift. But all that glorious sunshine leads to a major issue: sunscreen. 

It ain't just for the beach these days.
Tarte TarteGuard SPF 30 oil-free moisturizer // Jergens Natural Glow Protect Daily Moisturizer SPF 20
You guys, the beauty industry answered my prayers for a gradual tanning body lotion with SPF included. More specifically, Jergens came through for me. Luckily, I've already been an avid applier of the gradual sunless tanning body lotions (and yes, even though I'm super pale the medium to tan skintones is the one I use and it still looks subtle and natural) so to have it also contain a sunscreen is a BIG bonus. Now as the photo indicates, these are my everyday lotions with sunscreen. If I'm at the beach or outside a lot, that's a whole different sunscreen. 

The TarteGuard facial moisturizer is not only oil-free and super lightweight, but it also contains a physical SPF 30! It goes on a little white, but once it's fully rubbed in the whiteness disappears. It also wears perfectly under makeup. 
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45 // Supergoop Setting Mist with Rosemary SPF 50 
Ruby is obsessed with being outside, and we all know reapplying sunscreen is where it's at, but who wants to mess up their flawless makeup application? Um, no one. And Supergoop totally understands that and that's why they created an SPF 50 (chemical sunscreen) makeup setting spray. That's right, not only will it mattify that oily, sweaty complexion, it will keep the makeup in place and provide you with some extra sun protection. Win win! Supergoop made this bad boy in two sizes, the one pictured above is the small travel one, perfect for keeping in my purse.

I know I've professed my love of the Peter Thomas Roth SPF 45 powder mineral sunscreen before, but it goes without saying that this is essential for my hairline and part. The last thing my thin hair needs is a gloppy sunscreen weighing it down more than gravity already does. And even though this powder is a little yellow, once I rub it in it's not noticeable and it even absorbs oil. This is another one I keep in my purse at all times.


So, what are the sunscreens you use everyday?

No comments:

Post a Comment