Friday, October 10, 2014

chocolate addition


I love pumpkin-flavored baked goods so much, that when I was organizing my recipes, I devoted an entire section to all things pumpkin. It's so convenient having them grouped together, so when I flipped to the pumpkin tab and came across these cookies, I knew I had to showcase them here.


These delicious, cake-like, cinnamon pumpkin chocolate chip cookies contain some of my favorite flavors. I don't know where this recipe originated, just that I had copied it from my mom's recipe box when I was a teenager.


These cookies make four dozen, so they'd be perfect for a bake sale or a Halloween party, and believe me they go fast. 


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes 4 dozen

Recipe Notes-
- I added the vanilla, salt and pumpkin pie spice to amp up the flavor on these soft, cake-like cookies.
- Use any type of chocolate chips, but I think bittersweet chips complement the cinnamon-y pumpkin nicely.

Ingredients:
8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 Cups sugar
3 eggs
1 (15 oz.) can of pure pumpkin
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
2 Cups flour
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ Cups chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare baking sheets with either a Silpat or parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Once all the wet ingredients are mixed thoroughly, add all the dry ingredients: flour, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and soda- mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Using a cookie dough scoop, place the dough on the baking sheets, leaving room for expansion (12 fit perfectly on a pan). Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let cool completely on a pan, and then place in an airtight container. Cookies should last 3-4 days.

2 comments: