Friday, August 8, 2014

Hairy

source
Welp, since this week has taught me a lesson in lowering my expectations in the kitchen, I thought I'd share my thoughts on a beauty category that I had such high hopes in: depilatories.

I had imagined hot days with sun dresses a requirement, and hair-free legs mandatory. Being able to quickly spray on a product, that would do the heavy lifting, was so appealing to me. Goodbye nicks around the ankles! Goodbye extra long showers! I was going to use a foam (or cream) to have hairless skin in no time.

Unfortunately, it didn't work that way. Not even close. First of all, these products stink. And I mean stink. Like burning-hair-stink. And the time was almost double what the bottle said, and still without great results. Here's what I used:


I really like Bliss products and I liked that the Bliss Fuzz Off Bikini was made for the sensitive skin down there. With that said, it smelled yucky and didn't really work. And by really I mean there were a lot of stragglers left behind, and I had even left the cream on longer than it said! 



I had the highest hopes for this working: the Nair Sprays Away with Argan Oil is a spray, so it seemed like it would be easy to just mist on the skin and wipe away the hair. Well it turns into a foam, so as your using it and standing, it starts to drip a little, and then the foam pops and makes your legs feel funny. The smell is also horrible and the hydrating Argan Oil made my bathtub and floor so slick that I thought I would experience something far worse than hairy legs. And then when I finally removed it, there was still quite a bit of hair left on my legs, so I still ended up shaving in the shower. Ugh. 


I just don't think depilatories are for me. I love the idea of them, but the reality is not worth my time. Do you use depilatories? Was I doing something wrong? If you've tried them, what products have you had success with?

No comments:

Post a Comment