Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Drum Cake

What, just because I got pregnant at the beginning of the year means I can't bake anything anymore? Well, partially yes, actually. Between being sick, wacky taste buds & not having energy, I'm amazed that I've done anything with myself. Nonetheless, my Dad turned 60 recently & when he was younger he had a Drum cake that he has requested every year since then.



The cake is an 8" vanilla cake with French Vanilla Custard filling and Swiss Meringue Frosting. I also made 96 (!) cupcakes for the occasion because it was a large birthday party. Honestly, being 9 months pregnant didn't make my life any easier when I was doing this cake, so if it hadn't been for my wonderful sisters to help me along the way, it would've been an utter disaster- thank you sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment